The Berlin Center for Epidemiology and Health Research (ZEG Berlin) is an independent research organization at the forefront of pharmacoepidemiology research, specializing in the early detection and quantification of safety risks associated with the use of therapeutic, preventative or diagnostic drugs.
We are expanding our PASS-PAES study team and looking for a full-time, experienced Epidemiologist to join us!
Primary Location: Berlin; Homeoffice possible.
The PASS-PAES study team plays a pivotal role at ZEG Berlin. The team specializes in helping clients to address scientific questions including: product safety and risk management, drug utilization, drug efficacy, treatment patterns, and validation studies. We offer a flexible diverse work environment with a multidisciplinary team of researchers with backgrounds in epidemiology, pharmacology, medicine and public health.
As a Project Manager / Epidemiologist within the PASS-PAES team you will help develop, design, and deliver high quality drug safety projects and research studies. Tasks range in complexity from performing literature reviews, developing protocols, providing epidemiological oversight of study data and co-authorship and presentation of manuscripts at academic conferences. Occasional travel is required.
In addition, the project lead for our PASS-PAES studies is responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team of biostatisticians, pharmacovigilance experts, study data managers and administrative staff to ensure studies are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Assist with design and implementation of epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, and drug safety studies and other related research projects.
- Contribute to the development of project deliverables, including literature reviews, protocols, statistical analysis plans, reviews of results, study reports, abstracts, manuscripts and slide decks, as appropriate.
- Assist with overall project management and client management.
- Provide internal consultations in the field of epidemiology, patient-reported outcomes, market access and public health.
- Lead multi-disciplinary, cross-matrix study team to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
- Knowledge of epidemiology methods and concepts, ideally with a master’s or doctoral degree in epidemiology, health research, or a relevant related discipline.
- At least 2-3 years work experience in pharmacoepidemiology, patient-reported outcomes research, or health service research, ideally within a pharmaceutical or CRO environment.
- Experience with developing study protocols, study documentation and study reports / manuscript.
- Understanding of European and US (EMA and FDA) post-authorization safety study regulatory processes.
- Independent, and results-oriented working style
- Willingness to working in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team.
- Business English (C1); comfortable working in a German-speaking environment (B1-B2)
- Challenging job with a diverse range of tasks in the highly dynamic healthcare sector,
- An unlimited full-time position with flexible working hours and competitive salary,
- Motivated working environment with flat hierarchies,
- International cooperation with customers and project partners,
- Support and development of our employees through further training and qualification opportunities,
- Compatibility of family and career.